Aren't you thrilled to celebrate Thanksgiving next week? I'm grateful that my husband has a week off work this year, even if some of the days are unpaid furlough days. I hope you have plenty of time to relax too! Enjoy the links I've compiled for you this weekend:
Appetizer Link (lighter fare):
- Video: Hackschooling Makes Me Happy - Logan LaPlante, 13-year-old skier and all-around-creative kid shares about his "hackschooling" education. I hope my children can experience learning in a similar way! (Surely this is the exact opposite of Common Core.)
Main Course Link (heavier food for thought):
- If you shop on Thanksgiving, you're part of the problem: Matt Walsh. A realistic look at where America is as a consumerist culture. (Please, world, don't follow our lead!)
- What My Mother Taught Me from Shauna Niequist. I love how Shauna writes about her mother's path from stay-at-home-mom and pastor's wife to a fulfilled woman pursuing her passions. "Everyone benefits when women tap into their passions and pursue the gifts that God has given them," she says.
Dessert Link (sweetness):
- Video: Newborn twins hug each other during 'baby spa' treatment: Filmed in Paris, this sweet film has over twelve million views since it's release last week. Take a peek--do they even realize they're out of the womb?
- I shared five kernels of gratitude on yesterday's blog post. I'd love it if you want to add a comment with something you are thankful for this year.
Joyeux Thanksgiving et Bonne Fête de l'Action de grâce!