It's been months since I last shared some weekend links, mostly because I avoid posting content unless I think you'll find it relevant or insightful, and I just hadn't come across many good articles online. But with the New Year, there's a lot of fresh, motivational content out there--content about recipes, parenting, humor, and bilingualism, so read on!
Appetizer Links (Lighthearted):
- For my Francophone friends: 15 Signs That Show You're Becoming French from The Alliance Français of Washington, D.C. A humorous article if you can read it in French!
- 16 Weeks of Lightened Up Meals from How Sweet It Is. I don't believe in dieting, but we could all use more healthy recipes that taste fantastic. Her mouth-watering photos are a bonus!
Main Course Links (Heavier food for thought):
- Twenty questions for a New Year's Eve Reflection from The Art of Simple: I love Tsh's questions for reflecting on the past year as a family--particularly her questions for kids.
- Passing for a Native Speaker by François Grosjean for Psychology Today: A look at two master spies who managed to pass as native speakers despite living in foreign countries.
- Natural Remedies for Lice from The Mommypotamus. I dread the day that I might need to try one of these solutions on myself or my children, but a mama needs to know these things sometimes!
Dessert Links (Sweetness):
- Why Having More Babies Isn't As Crazy As You May Think from Loving My Lot. Jeanne writes with honesty and insight. Her blog posts often touch my heart, and I loved this one.
Bonne année, mes amis!